Marketing & Communications Manager
Fidget Feet Aerial Dance is Ireland’s foremost aerial dance company. It began its journey in the UK in 2004 and just three years later in 2007 the company moved back home to Ireland. In just ten years Fidget Feet has performed across five continents and to audiences of hundreds of thousands of people. In addition to creating work Fidget Feet is a strong advocate for the development of aerial work in Ireland. The company was not only the first to teach aerial dance in Ireland, but founded the Irish Aerial Dance Fest in 2009- one of the largest aerial festivals in Europe, and The Irish Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick in 2014, where Fidget Feet are now company in residence.
This year Fidget Feet Aerial Dance celebrates its 10th Anniversary at home in Ireland. We wish to engage a creative and dynamic individual to develop, manage and implement Fidget Feet’s marketing & communication strategy.
To build a strong, dynamic, consistent profile for Fidget Feet Aerial Dance, as a national organisation dedicated to the performance and professional development of Aerial Dance in Ireland and abroad
Artistic Director & General Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Development of a strategic plan for marketing and audience development and appropriate communication strategies
- Preparation of printed marketing materials, such as all Fidget Feet’s show posters, brochures, flyers, and development of creative promotions and advertising for same
- Management of press and publicity, in conjunction with the General Manager
- Maintenance of website (CMS systems e.g. wordpress) and development and implementation of a digital marketing campaign
- Management of an allocated marketing budget
- Identification of potential sponsorship opportunities
Essential experience required:
- Direct marketing campaigns: E-marketing (mailchimp) development
- Organisation and execution of digital marketing strategies: social media marketing e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, Snapchat: Experience with writing copy and social media content.
- Website editing/content management skills: search engine optimization marketing, Knowledge of Google analytics and graphics using, for example, Photoshop
- Building public relations: Press releases, video clips, sponsorship campaigns -charity/corporate social responsibility.
- Third level qualification, a marketing qualification is desirable but not essential
- Computer literate with excellent written and communication skills
- Track record of successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated interest in the arts and or experience of marketing within an arts organisation
Friday 24th February @ 2pm
Thursday 16th March, venue TBC
How to apply
Please send an email with cover letter and CV listing two references (pref with their email addresses) to email@example.com
Your application will be treated with strictest confidence.
Approx. €1,300 per month
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
This is a part time freelance position of approximately 20 hours per week. It is your responsibility to comply with revenue as an independent freelance worker. The position includes a 3-month probationary period.
Primary location would be at the Irish Aerial Creation Centre in Limerick City but some travel would be required as necessary along with opportunity to work remotely from time-to-time