- About Us
The Bingo Wings Project is a collaboration between multiple partners, lead by Limerick City and County Council Culture and Arts Department, artistic lead Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Theatre, Kerry County Council and Donegal County Council to co-commission and produce the Bingo Wings Project, funded through the Arts Council’s Invitation to Collaboration Scheme. We are seeking to employ two circus artists to work with us on this project.
Job Title: Circus Artist in Residence x 2
Reports to: Fidget Feet Aerial Dance Theatre
Job Location: Donegal/ Kerry
Contract Period: 5 weeks fixed term and training, approx. 3 days.
This is a paid position, including travel expenses, and accommodation is provided.
About The Bingo Wings Project
Fidget Feet are embarking on an ambitious venture in 2019, The Bingo Wings Project, and are seeking two ambitious and proactive circus artists to join the team to provide a Circus Artist- in-Residence in Donegal and Kerry, culminating in a public local event and an immersive aerial dance theatre piece, to be performed in Limerick, Kerry and Donegal.
The Bingo Wings Project is an intergenerational community project, bringing together young people and older people in a programme of public engagement focusing on arts, ageing well and health and wellbeing.
We are looking for two circus artists to join us on this ambitious project, who share our vision to bring circus to all ages without barriers and deliver workshops in rural locations.
A workshop facilitator and two circus artists will work with local youth groups and older people groups in all 3 counties, using movement, circus and theatre to engage groups. Throughout each residency there will be local open days for all groups to participate in bingo themed and circus activities.
Alongside these community projects Fidget Feet will create a professional immersive aerial dance theatre piece, Bingo Wings, which will be performed in The Lime Tree Theatre; Limerick, Siamsa Tíre; Kerry and An Grianán Theatre; Donegal, directed by Jo Mangan. Selected community groups will be a part of the professional process, with all groups invited to come watch the performance.
|Local Authority Region||Limerick||Kerry
|Proposed Residency dates||May – September 2019||2nd – 29th September 2019
|16th September –
12th October 2019
Bingo Wings performance
|Lime Tree||Siamsa Tíre||An Grianán Theatre|
|Production Week||7th – 12th September||4th – 8th October||week 14th October|
|Performance Dates||performing Friday 13th and
Saturday 14th – one
performance per day
|Two performances on
Wednesday 9th October
2pm and 7pm
|performing 18th and 19th
October – one performance
About Fidget Feet
Fidget Feet are the leaders, creators, performers and trainers of aerial arts and circus in Ireland. We create, perform and promote indoor and outdoor shows and teach people how to fly.
Since 1998, Fidget Feet have performed across five continents to audiences of hundreds of thousands of people. We tour indoor and outdoor venues nationally and internationally.
We have a strong focus on community development and increasing accessibility to aerial dance and circus to everyone in the country by travelling to regional communities and providing workshops and training.
• Training and induction will take place in Limerick in mid June, where the artists will meet the team and work with the lead workshop facilitator
• Artist 1 will work in Kerry 2nd September – 9th October 2019
• Artist 2 will work in Donegal 16th September – 19th October 2019
• Each artist will travel to areas throughout the region to deliver workshops, 5 days per week, throughout their residency.
• Essential – a positive, outgoing and inclusive attitude with a love of aerial/circus arts and teaching
• Essential – attend induction and training in June in Limerick
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Ideally 3 years experience teaching in aerial dance, dance circus, aerial arts or circus
• Must have own drivers license and car as driving is essential part of this role
• Must be able to work on own initiative and confident workshop leader and teacher
• Comfortable working with older and younger people, previous experience working with these demographics an advantage but not essential
• Available to live in either Kerry or Donegal for a 5-week period (see project schedule for dates)
• Workshops will take place during the day, evenings and at weekends so flexibility is a must
• Experience in working on community projects an advantage
Successful applicants will have to go through Garda Vetting.
Please send a
• 1 page letter of application and/or
• 3 minute video (max) explaining
– Why you want to be apart of this project
– Your experience (if any) and
– What you want to bring to the project,
• Two references/ referees
• Please specify if you have a preference to work in Donegal or Kerry, otherwise state you are happy to work in either location. We cannot guarantee you your preferred residency location but will take it into consideration.
The deadline for applications is 5pm Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 7th May 2019 in the Irish Aerial Creation Centre, Limerick.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org